Friday, October 23, 2009

WXYZ

One morning recently, right out of the blue, Quinn looked at a group of things in a book and said "One....", (I noted it), "Two....", (I thought 'very good, counting to two is impressive'), "Three....", ('wow, he's really going!), "Four!" (Holy cow how far is he going to go??). Then he stopped, but I was completely flabbergasted. He had counted one a lot, two on rare occasion when aided, and here he went right to four all by himself! With some aid he got right up to eight! I'm not sure it would have all been identifiable out of context but I was impressed nonetheless.

Today Bec sang the alphabet song and stopped at 'P'. He sang 'koo arr esss, tee ooo vee, dub eck wyyye zee, now no ayy cee sing see". He did it again for me at suppertime. We made a big thing out of it, as you can imagine, and he looked so proud.

It's truly amazing how fast kids learn things at this age. I have no idea how Quinn's progress compares to norms, and I'm trying very hard but not quite successfully to dwell on it at all, but I personally am truly impressed at how well he's doing. I am most happy about how he gets a kick out of it. I so hope we can keep that alive.

No comments: