Tuesday, December 15, 2009

He Gets The Family Picture

We got a print made of a picture of my mom and dad, my brother and me from my recent birthday celebrations. When Bec brought it home today, Quinn caught sight of it. He immediately lit right up with a Great Big Smile and said "Nana Dampy Unca John!". Bec phoned me at work to tell me about it, and I lit right up too. I phoned my parents tonight to tell them and they lit right up as well. Grampy was particularly excited to no longer be known as "Dumpy", although that moniker also had some quirky endearingness to it.

It's hard for family to be separated by so much distance. I really need to work harder at webcam calls to keep the memories fresh. But Quinn impresses me that he remembers, and obviously remembers fondly, far flung family that miss him so much. We all brightened one another's day today.

No comments: