Friday, February 19, 2010

Unsleeping

Quinn yelled for 2 hours and 35 minutes at bedtime tonight. That's 9300 seconds. Uttering "Want Mommy" approximately every 4 seconds, that totals about two thousand, three hundred and twenty five times he repeated himself. Now, I know he's a ways off from an engineering degree, but you'd think he'd get it after awhile - we're not coming in.

It was an hour fifty last night. Naps have gone to heck - wail on the way down, sleep short, wail when he wakes up. How can it be so bad after this long?? We're a house full of stress hormones because of it, that's for sure. Maybe it's his campaign to be an only child.

Does sleep trouble cause the stress, or does stress cause the sleep trouble? After a grueling week of analyzing and debating, through household illnesses and on limited sleep, I'm changing jobs to try to reduce my stress level. Maybe my stress is transferring to him? I'm trying to do my part to fix it. Hopefully our lot's lot improves. A lot.

No comments: