Sunday, September 14, 2008

Big Pooper

I changed my first #2 diaper in awhile yesterday. I can now definitively say that the moniker "little poopsie" is no longer accurate. Quinn will henceforward be known as "Big Pooper". Other monikers still hanging on are Little Boobeedoop and its derivative Little Boop. "Little buddy" and "little bud" make some occasional verbal appearances now, but I think Little Boobeedoop will be the one he gets made fun of with when he's a teenager.

It's been a great weekend. Today he was pretty much a brochure baby, sleeping late, napping easily and long and timed perfectly to mesh with bedtime. He's in *so* much better spirits and is so much more capable when he's rested. Why can't all days be like this? I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree - I've been cheating sleep for decades now. I'm doing better now though, getting to bed *much* earlier so I can get up earlier to spend time with Quinn, and get home from work earlier to see Quinn and help out with bedtime.

We managed to get Bec a big sleep Friday night and yesterday. Are Quinn's matching big sleeps a coincidence? Who knows. There are always so many variables with a kid this young. He changes so rapidly that you can never pin anything directly together and instead have to rely on feelings and instincts. Today was a great day though so I'll dwell on that for now.

No comments: