Saturday, July 18, 2009

Now, quick, before it's gone

Quinn turns a year and a half a week from now. On the one hand it doesn't seem like a very big number, but on the other hand, how far we've come. I was looking for something the other day and came across some breast pads that Bec used to use when Quinn was very small. Not any more. You think these things will go on forever but they don't. I'm so glad we take so many pictures (slowing down from our crazy pace of the first year though) and I'm go glad I keep this blog; but even still it flies by. While pictures and words are the best we've got, they seem such an inadequate representation.

I have heard this from others and read this. I try very hard to immerse myself in the Now. Yet here he is 8.3% grown up (presuming 18 is "grown up" at least by some measures...) and I feel like I'm missing it somehow. Then there's that lady in Montreal who was killed by a 300lb slab of falling concrete while on a patio, celebrating her birthday no less; and a favourite former manager of mine waging a battle with cancer, with two young kids at home. You never know when your time is up.

Come on Quinn, wake up from your nap - there's some Now to be had.

No comments: