Friday, September 25, 2009

Hockey!

I cut down one of my old hockey sticks to Quinn's size. We played around in the back yard pushing a soccer ball with the hockey sticks (I couldn't find the hockey ball or a tennis ball - hafta go digging for those). Quinn was a little interested but not so much into it - he's more interested in Calvin-ball type games (from the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon, games with wacky rules made up on the fly), but I suppose that's understandable at this early stage.

The next day we were outside again and the hockey sticks were still there, propped up against the deck. Quinn said "Hockey!" and I couldn't help but smile. We got a couple passes in before it went Calvin-ball again. I had so much fun playing the game growing up. I hope he enjoys it too. I also hope I don't force it too much. Really, as long as he doesn't become a Leafs fan I can probably tolerate any other hockey-related outcomes.

No comments: