Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Quinn, Troubadour

I'm back to work now.  Week 2.  Week 1 was a half week.  Everybody seems to be adjusting well.  I'm going in earlier and getting home earlier, which seems to be working well for everybody so far.  Quinn was sad as I left this morning - he and I played a lot together while I was off and that is a hard part of the adjustment.  For me too.  I promised to play with him when I got home and off I went.

Bec, Quinn and Rilla went to the children's museum today, one of Quinn's favourite places.  They had a blast and Quinn ran everywhere.  As they sat down for lunch Quinn sang The Marilla Song that I sing to her all the time.  He did a pretty true rendition of it and Bec was impressed.  "Daddy would love to hear that I'm sure" said mommy.  "Can I phone him at work and sing it?" asked Quinn.  And so he did.  It was a welcome break, and it was a pretty true rendition.  Quinn can now add it to his repertoire of "Me and my pickup truck, we don't pick up much", "American Pie", Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Old McDonald had a farm, pickle edition (with a crunch crunch here...).

No comments: