Thursday, April 24, 2008

3 months old

Quinn's 3 months old today and doing great. Rebecca goes to some playgroups where they do singsongs and rhymes and he just loves some of them, especially ones with bouncing involved. He laughs and smiles and it lights up my whole day. He drools a lot and sucks on his hand and lip, which makes us wonder if he's teething. None are apparent though, and he's not in bad humour at all which I thought was part and parcel of the whole teething thing. Maybe he's just a drooly kid.

He really looks around a lot. He seems to want to follow where he is and where he's going when he's being carried, like he's maintaining a frame of reference. Twice now when he's been partially melting down but still taking input / looking around, I've swayed back and forth rapidly in front of the mirror. You can see his eyes try to keep up but after awhile it's just too much and he gives up and goes to sleep. It's seems unfair somehow but I guess you gotta use some dirty tricks sometimes as a parent.

It's hard to believe it's been 3 months. The time flies by. I'm trying hard to lap it up as much as I can.

No comments: