Sunday, April 26, 2009

Not a bad kid even remotely

We have a bathroom off our living room. This morning I took short and had to have a "sit" while taking care of Quinn. He and I played through the gate to the bathroom for awhile. Then he spotted the remote control sitting on the couch. Where he could reach it. His eyes lit up. He walked across the room to the couch and reverently touched the remote that he knows he's not supposed to have.

He looked over at me, immobilized on my perch. Unfortunately nature was not to be rushed on my part. I tried to remain calm and asked him to bring the remote over to dad. And lo and behold - he carefully picked up the remote, toddled over to me and passed it over the gate! What a good kid!

As a reward, I promised him we'd have a remote lesson later on. True to my word, we practiced turning the TV on and off later on, and he was thrilled (although I kept the emphasis on operating the remote, not watching TV...that's still verboten).

Soon he'll be able to give nana and grampy remote lessons :)

No comments: