Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Early mornings

Quinn has me conditioned to wake up every day at 5am now. I wake up then even when he sleeps in til 630, although admittedly those times are rare. Unfortunately, while I'm going to sleep a couple hours earlier than is natural for me, I'm not going to sleep at 9pm so I'm accumulating quite a sleep debt. I'm lucky to break even sleep-wise on the weekends. Something's going to need to change.

Mornings seem to be the last sleep frontier. He goes to sleep easily all on his own. He stays asleep / gets himself back to sleep all by himself all through the night. I think Bec still walks and sings some for his naps, but he is capable of going to sleep by himself for naps if you're willing to let him scream for a half hour.

All in all sleep's going a lot better, but sometimes it's hard to see that because the improvements are so incremental. I'm not sure what we're going to do about 5am, and I think it's going to be a tough nut to crack, but I now feel we'll get there someday where historically there were times I really wondered. One more hurdle to overcome.

No comments: