Thursday, May 7, 2009

Time to go Gladys

Quinn's not big on prolonged goodbyes. When I go to work in the morning, I tell him it's time for daddy to go to work, and he usually waves at that point. Then put on my shoes and collect my stuff, say goodbye and wave as I go out the door, wave at him through the front window, and wave again from the car. He completely loses interest after his first wave. It's somewhat reminiscent of my grandfather's impatient response to my grandmother (Gladys) and her 'infinite leaving' tendencies. Apparently I have inherited those from her, and Quinn has inherited my grandfather's reaction.

Quinn waves at everything. Mostly he only waves to things when he's leaving them now, rather than all the time as it was there for awhile. He waves to the park when we leave it. He waves to the living room when we take him upstairs for bed at night. He waves to his bathtoys when we take him out of the tub. But he doesn't wave more than once when you're leaving, so get cracking!

No comments: