Sunday, May 3, 2009

Scarry...Very Scarry

Richard Scarry that is... One time when I was home in NS, I absconded with two Richard Scarry books that I loved when I was a kid. One is copyrighted 1969 and the other 1972, but I was at another parent's house a while back and saw another one so they must still publish them. Anyway, Quinn LOVES them. He studies the pages, points at things and makes excited noises. He's beginning to know many of the recurring characters. And of course he LOVES all the pages with power shovels on them.

They're great books really, explaining how communities function, and houses and boats and many other things. Many of the things Quinn already has been exposed to, and the explanations seem to expand his understanding. They seem to have intensified his already-large love of reading. And that's a good thing. Whoa - did I just quote Martha Stewart? Scary, very scary.

No comments: