Monday, August 10, 2009

Back to the grindstone

We spent two glorious weeks in Nova Scotia (more posts to follow - I kept notes this time so as not to lose the experience like we did at Christmas...presuming I can find the notes that is...). Today I returned to work. I awoke early and came downstairs to spend some time with Bec and Quinn before work. When it came time to go to work I told Quinn "Daddy's gotta go to work" and he said "nooooo" and ran over and hugged me, and gave me his camera to play with. As if I needed further disincentive to return to work after a particularly fun vacation... :)

It may have been more because the family full-court-press had dwindled to just mommy and daddy, and now it was dwindling further, but still it felt good and bad at the same time that I would be missed. While Quinn speaks only a few words (but growing fast), he clearly understands a remarkable amount. This was one of the first times he seemed to show understanding of my temporary daily absence. It tugged at the heartstrings, for sure.

No comments: