Saturday, June 28, 2008

Swimtime!

The unfrozen-watersports contingent of my family will be happy to hear that Quinn loved his first "swim lesson". Of course, he was more galvanized by the ceiling fans than the actual water, but we're taking the ho-hum reaction to the water as a good sign. The lesson part is more to teach parents how to introduce infants to the water, and that part was definitely valuable. There were singsongs and bouncing games, which are things he just loves, and I think the whole water part was completely irrelevant to him.

It's good that it appears to feel like such a natural thing to him though. Hopefully he inherits his mother's aptitude and attitude towards the water - in spite of being on it or in it all my life, I've never been completely comfortable in it. I can swim, but Rebecca's a complete natural in the water.

I'm hoping that after a few lessons he'll actually get past the ceiling fans and notice the water. Lessons are Saturday mornings for I dunno how long (his mother looks after that part...). Watch this space for further reports.

No comments: