Friday, June 5, 2009

Tenacious Q

It was time to come in for supper. Quinn was pushing his lawnmower around the driveway. Lord knows our terrible driveway is in dire need of mowing - but I take some solace in the fact that Quinn thinks we have the best puddles in the neighbourhood right here at home. Anyway, Quinn was not giving up on the lawnmower idea. I picked him up and he hung onto his lawnmower like grim death with both hands, the lawnmower dangling in his grasp and swaying with each of my steps.

We got to the back steps and I pried one hand off the lawnmower, then the other, then the first again, then finally I got both his hands free. He stuck his foot out and caught the handle on the way down. The lawnmower dangled off his foot. I figured this couldn't last long so I waited. It continued to dangle. I swayed a bit hoping to expedite the process. Quinn adjusted his foot and the dangling continued. Finally I bumped it with my leg and gravity was finally allowed to reclaim the last foot of altitude. Amid minor wailing we came in for supper.

Tenacious, this kid.

No comments: