Thursday, July 17, 2008

Solid!

Quinn had his first solid food today. Some cereal of some sort. Apparently he screwed up his face and scowled and then came back for more. Sounds just like when I started drinking beer, coffee and scotch (not all at the same time of course...). Let the stinky diapers begin.

Bec and Quinn came to meet me at work for lunch today. We spread a blanket on the lawn under a tree and had a little picnic. It was brief due to an impending nap (or alleged nap...I think Bec struggled to get him to sleep it turned out) but it was thoroughly enjoyable nonetheless. A welcome break from boring old documentation writing.

I've started getting up earlier to take Quinn for awhile in the morning. Those who know me know that's a lot of love :) Me and mornings just don't get along. It's good to get some Quinn-time early though - I'm finding seeing him for 20 minutes in the morning and and hour at night difficult. It's hard on Bec too, especially since it's work to get him to sleep and keep him asleep every time. I'm trying to work it so that I get home early to spend some time with him before he goes to bed, and then (theoretically) work after. So far the working at home part hasn't panned out, but it's not been desperately necessary yet either.

We invested in a sleep plan from an "expert". It looks pretty much like I thought a sleep plan would look. We'll see how it goes. I think we're going to start not this coming weekend, but the following one, to give him some time to adjust to solid food first. And time to steel ourselves for the wailing in advance. Lord knows, he'll have much more strength to wail with those solids in him.

No comments: