Monday, March 24, 2008

The crud

Quinn's got his first illness. I think it's The Crud. I've had it for a few days and I think he's now got it flyin' out his butt too. He's had several inconsolable spells the last couple days and has generally been unsettled, which is unlike his usual demeanor. I'm on the upswing so hopefully his passes within a day or two.

The Mysterious Case Of The Non-Starting Mustang rectified itself today. It wouldn't start on Friday morning after a Thursday evening car wash, and didn't start Saturday or Sunday either. On Saturday I tunnelled through 4 feet of snow to get my battery charger out of the garage but alas, it was to no avail. This morning as Bec was on hold to get a CAA tow truck I tried it again and miraculously it started. In my engineering experience it's seldom good when problems go away for no known reason but we'll see how it goes.

I switched my cellphone to Telus today, from Bell. I've decided that anything that requires bombardment advertising is crap by definition. You see it all the time with movies - the real duds get blanket advertising while the good ones just sell themselves. It's not like Telus is a mom & pop operation or anything but the beavers are definitely a Bombardment Violation. I feel better already.

No comments: