Friday, March 21, 2008

Dad's first solo

Bec played hockey this afternoon for the first time since Quinn was born. We all went to the rink and I soloed with Quinn while Bec played. He slept most of the time but awoke late in the game and I fed him some from a bottle. I realized it was the first time I'd soloed with him out of the house. I was a little self conscious at first, about obviously not knowing how to carry 12 things and a wiggly baby all at once, but I got through it. Moms seem to have an amazing ability to pack-horse a ton of stuff and a baby while multitasking at the same time. It's a remarkable skill really, and I have even more of an appreciation for it now. Bec had a fun time, and Quinn charmed all the ladies in the bar afterwards so it was a good outing all around.

No comments: