Thursday, February 28, 2008

A hockey night

After much debate, I decided to play hockey last night. I was one of two spares who had enough regular season games in to be eligible for the playoffs, but Bec typically gets most of her sleep in the evenings when I can take Quinn. Plus I was pretty tired myself. She generously urged me to go. In the end I had fun and was reasonably effective by keeping my game simple. We won 4-2 with an empty-netter. Bec fared not too bad with Quinn - while he (and she) didn't sleep a ton, at least he didn't caterwaul the whole evening like he usually does with me.

Quinn's getting more interactive. He responds to kisses with smiles sometimes, and he seems to communicate needs ever so slightly more effectively. He's usually full of smiles when I'm leaving for work, which makes it difficult to leave, but he also usually has a couple smiles when I get home from work, which makes it fun to come home. There have been several times now where he has looked tired and I have been able to rock him to sleep through a bit of wailing. He seems to sleep slightly more during the night than during the day now. He has a rash on his face that we're a little concerned about so Bec's going to a Well-Baby clinic run by the city tomorrow to get an opinion on it. There is one last midwife appointment next week where we can get an opinion on it too. Hopefully it's nothing - we're guessing maybe an allergy to dairy in Bec's diet but we're not sure yet.

I'm pretty exhausted. I've been reasonably productive at work but my focus wavered some late yesterday and late today. Almost done another week though - one day at a time.

No comments: