Friday, February 15, 2008

Day 2 - Much better

I took Quinn in the baby-sling last night. After an hour of chores while wearing him, he fell asleep. Then I went for a walk, starting short, but going for more loops close to home when he seemed to do alright. I walked for an hour. Then I got home and rocked in the rocking chair with him for another hour. Then I talked to mom & dad on the phone for an hour while rocking him. Then I put him in the bouncy chair and he slept for another hour - 5 hours of peace for Rebecca! It made a huge difference. He was in better sorts through the night and today, and Rebecca was in commensurately better spirits.

The Public Health Nurse was in this morning and weighed him - 10lbs, 9oz at 3 wks + one day! Another pound in a week! He's all health and the nurse thought we were all doing really well. Bec had a great visit from Steph, Sophie and Shirley today too, and then a visit to the community centre for more breastfeeding advice, this time on breastfeeding while lying down. Quinn was all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed when I got home which was quite heartening. Even after working only two days I am worn out and ready for bed. A five-day workweek next week is going to be a challenge. But life has necessarily become more in-the-moment, which is a great thing about having a kid. Today was a great day with Quinn and pretty good day all around. Tomorrow is a day off to look forward to. Right now I am tired and can go to bed. Presuming Quinn agrees, that is, but so far it looks promising.

No comments: